Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

I am a lucky lady

   This is going to be a short post, but I was so inspired and moved by my 6th graders this past Friday that I needed to share this with you.  I was out of school on Friday trying to get healthy.  There is never a good day to be gone, but with my particular schedule there are better days than others.  I knew that if I was gone on this particular day that my students would be ok without me, as seen below.

   The previous times that I have been gone on days that my "A day" 6th grade band has met, they have attempted to rehearse themselves-usually with a bit of success. (I usually am unable to find a music sub).  After the first time that I was gone, they shared with me their frustrations of trying to be a student leader, and at the same time having kids in the band yelling out directions, trying to count off...etc, so we did a little impromptu conducting lesson and how to treat your peers when they are behind the podium.  Just in case I was gone again and they wanted this again.  Of course, I always provide an alternate lesson, but these kids are SO motivated that they just want to play and share their skills with whomever will listen. 

  So, I share with you what my 6th graders did on Friday and my sub sent me.  I was really taken aback and moved a bit to tears.  These are special kiddos and I am praying that they stay this way for a long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment